This new funding source is focused on the creation of mobile home rentals that meet the housing needs of those experiencing homelessness, especially those who are exiting hotels and motels.
In accordance with Act 81 of 2023 (H.171), enacted during the 2023 veto session, VHCB will be awarding funds “to provide support and enhance the capacity, availability, and utilization of manufactured homes in cooperatively owned, nonprofit, and privately owned manufactured home parks with vacant and available lots” as directed by the Vermont State Legislature.
View the Virtual Information Session
What can awarded funds be used for?
- Manufactured home removal
- New foundations
- Placement of new mobile homes on vacant and available lots
Who is eligible to apply?
Cooperatives, non-profits, and privately owned mobile home parks with vacant and available lots.
Key Requirements for Successful Applications
Eligible Applications should demonstrate that their proposal for funding for permanently affixed rental homes in mobile home communities includes, at minimum, the following:
- The financial and development capacity to manage the proposed development project,
- The capacity to sustain the rental units in a manner consistent with VHCB's permanent affordability policies
- The ability to bring units online prior to April 2024
- A plan for working with their local system of Coordinated Entry to ensure that all funded units are provided to those exiting homelessness
- Experience and a demonstrated track record in meeting the housing needs of low and moderate income Vermonters
- A plan for ensuring that adequate and appropriate services are in place
- A plan for ensuring initial affordability and ongoing stewardship of the rental unit(s)
- ln the case of cooperatives or other parks where there is not demonstrated experience in managing rental units, documentation that there is adequate capacity to engage in this activity
- Have in place tenant selection and eviction policies
- A plan which does not involve siting homes in a flood way, flood plain, or in other areas that have been shown in recent years to have experienced flooding.