When funding is available, Farm Viability Implementation Grants are available on a competitive basis to farm businesses that have completed a full business plan or transfer plan through the Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program.
Eligible projects include, but are not limited to: farm infrastructure construction, equipment, machinery upgrades, and energy efficiency projects.
Funds are currently available for 2020. Eligibility is limited so please connect with program staff to see if you may be eligible before applying.
***EXTENDED - Friday, March 27, 2020
If you have questions or difficulty meeting the extended deadline, please contact Ashia Gallo at @email.
Instructions & Application:
- Eligible activities/expenses: If there is a need that you have identified in order to help your farm respond to COVID-19, you can apply for that. If you are applying for a COVID-19 related project, that project does not need to be referenced in your business plan.
- Matching funds: We will be flexible on the matching funds requirement. We know each of you are likely facing a changed financial picture from a week ago, so if providing 50% of the total project costs is not possible for you, discuss your financial circumstances and request for a waiver of the matching funds requirement in the budget narrative question.
- Electronic submission update: We ask that all farmers submit applications electronically as VHCB staff will be working remotely until further notice as of March 17, 2020.
- Instructions for submitting grant applications through our electronic system are found in the Instruction and Application Word Document, linked below. If you have trouble using this system, email Ashia Gallo at @email. If you unable to use the online system or otherwise uncomfortable submitting your application electronically, please email Ashia Gallo to navigate alternate options.
Instructions and the Full Application are available by downloading the following Word Document:
- Please complete your responses directly in the Word Document and follow the application instructions for submission.
If you have questions about this grant, please contact Ashia Gallo at @email or 828-5587.