Request for Qualifications:
The purpose of this RFQ is to identify skilled consultants with a strong background in community-based economic development who will provide grant writing support and/or other technical assistance to REDI clients in Vermont.
Typical grant writing/fundraising projects are 1-12 months in duration with scopes of work ranging from ~$1,000 to $7,500 per project. REDI staff conduct outreach and match clients with contractors that have skills relevant to client needs. Contractors may also refer eligible clients to REDI.
For Fiscal Year 2024, we expect to make ~$150,000 in contracts and select at least five qualified contractors to deliver these services. There is no limit on the size of a contract we will consider and contractors will be selected based on their skills and experience, the needs of clients, geographic location of projects, and other factors as appropriate.
Contracts are made in two formats:
- Single-Project Contracts: Contractor submits a scope of work for a single project that is reviewed/approved by REDI staff. Funding available will not exceed the cost specified in the scope of work.
- Multi-Project Contracts: Contractors with relevant skills and experience may seek a multi-project contract. Additional funding may be requested beyond the submitted scope/s of work for yet to be determined projects. All scope/s of work are reviewed/approved by REDI staff.
We are particularly seeking the following skills, experience, and approach:
- An understanding of working lands, community development, and/or outdoor recreation fields
- Ability to navigate complex funding sources, online application systems, and keep up to date on relevant opportunities in field of expertise
- Experience and desire to work with volunteer groups, BIPOC Vermonters, and low-income communities
- Ability to manage projects/client communications independently
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Evidence of high success rate with federal and state grants and/or private/donor fundraising
- Grant management/reporting and project management expertise
- A focus on education and skill building, in addition to completing high-quality deliverables
RFQ Contact: Please reach out to Mariah Noth, @email or 802-828-1098, with any questions.
Submission: To submit your response, please review the RFQ document linked below and then complete the online form at this LINK.
The Vermont Housing & Conservation Board is an equal opportunity provider and employer.